ROLE OF DCPU AS PER J. J. ACT, 2015.
Identification of Foster Care,“District Child Protection Unit” means a Child Protection Unit for a District, established by the State Government under section 106, which is the focal point to ensure the implementation of this Act and other child protection measures in the district. Role of DCPU as specified is as follows:
- Follow up of Inspection Visit of J.J. Board,
- Assisting in Post Restoration follow up of the Board / Children’s Court,
- Providing Staff to the Child Welfare Committee,
- Follow up of Inspection Visit of CWC,
- Assisting in Post Restoration follow up of the Committee,
- Assisting CWC in Coordination with other Departments,
- Following orders in case of Abuse as received from CWC,
- Production of Child before the CWC,
- Point for Mandatory Reporting of child separated from guardian,
- Disbursement of Funds for Foster Care,
- Receiving a report from Inspection Committee within 1 week,
- Acting on report from Inspection Committee within 1 month.